Thursday, February 17, 2011

Good Bye Mac, Nortsrom and Saks.....Hello CVS!

Drugstore makeup at fashion week? And the Grammy's? Say what?
Photos by Anna Fischer for Racked.com


Selena Gomez and cover girl cosmetics. Gorgeous!!

2011_02_SelenaGomezgrammys.jpg
Photo credit: Getty Images (racked.com)

Selena Gomez's look was created ENTIRELY with CoverGirl products. Shocking. And beautiful. But Shocking.

Here is how makeup artist Karen Mitchell achieved such perfection.....(thanks to racked.com)

"I stared with Selena's eyes," Mitchell says. "I first lined her upper and lower lashline with CoverGirl LiquilineBlast eyeliner ($8) in Brown Blaze. I love how the liquid-like pencil blends so easily and that you can easily control its intensity."

Next, using a medium brush, "I blended the light shade from the CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast ($9) in Bronze Fire on the entire eyelid up to the eyebrow," Mitchell says. "I then took step two, the darker shade, and with a smaller eyeshadow brush, I blended the color above and below the eye as well as into the crease of the eyelid. I then used the CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Eyeshadow ($3.50) in Brown Smolder on the outside corners of her upper eyelids to create more dimension and drew a thin line with a slight wing to the outer edges on the upper lash line using CoverGirl LineExact Liquid liner ($7) in Very Black. I finished her eyes with two coats of CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara ($7.50) in Black."

"For her skin, I used CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation ($12) to give her a flawless finish," Mitchell says. "To highlight the t-zone and highlight under the eyes I used the CoverGirl CG Smoothers Concealer ($6) in medium. To set the base I used CoverGirl TruBlend Pressed Powder ($8) in #2 Translucent Light with a soft brush. I then applied to the apples of the cheeks Cheekers Blush ($4) in Pretty Peach."

"I finished her look with CoverGirl LipPerfection lipcolor ($7.50) in the bright gorgeous shade of Siren."

Let's do the math....$66.50. Good bye Mac, Hello CVS!

1 comment:

  1. hi there! i just came across your blog and i fell in love with it! i love your style!!! come check out my blog and follow if you like it, i promise i will do the same!
    www.fullclosetbutnothingtowear.blogspot.com
    kisses

    ReplyDelete